Boy with Nails for Eyes Boy with Nails for Eyes

You have restored my faith in newgrounds

So much of newgrounds is filled with silly flash animations, I'm so glad to finally see something that I would consider art. Very well done, amazing on so many levels. Reminds me a bit of shadow of he colossus...

Seriously the one of the best animations I have ever seen on newgrounds. Hands down.

Drown Drown

finally a change

We have far too many dumb comedy/action animation on newgrounds, glad to finally see something with a serious tone and an emotional message. Very atmospheric and well done, i wish we had more people making things this creative. If i see one more super smash bros parody I might kill myself.

Blood and Thunder! Blood and Thunder!

Been waiting for this...

I've always wanted to see an animated version of this and I must say you did a pretty good job. The beginning and end were perfect, voice acting was spot on. The parts with the actual whale weren't as intense as I would've like, maybe more lightning and rain would've helped but overall a superb job, I think you did a pretty accurate representation of the comic.

Rooshich responds:

Red button game Red button game

it has been done b4

but this was still pretty entertaining

Speed Animation Tutorial Speed Animation Tutorial

good techniuques

Very good, showed some awesome techniques especially method 2. I had never really realized that before. One thing though, the voice over wasn't necessary IMHO. If you make another one I'd save yourself some time and leave the vioce over out.

Reverb Reverb

good but repetitive

it gets old after a little while but it was done very well. btw good strategy, draw a tiny redbox and stay in there allowing you to shoot faster

greystone227 responds:

Hey, finally someone got the point of making a fast box! Haha, all of my friends would always ask what the point of it was and I'd have to tell them. And yeah, I recognize it gets boring after awhile. It's only meant to be played in short bursts. Thanks for the feedback!

The Ordained Warrior The Ordained Warrior

nice

I really agree with this: "The overall impression is a little more plodding/synthy rather than dreamy and mournful. The quantization is really not helping you there. Try playing in your flute part live, or at the least using some humanization scripts on it top make it sing a little more. It sounds very stiff right now."

and another guy who said the drums come in too late. I really like the scene you set for this one, it added a lot to the song. Other than that it sounded pretty good, I can tell you put a lot of time into this

roensb responds:

thank you. like i said with the quantization, i did the part improvised so im not sure how to make it less like that. i did just get a whole bunch new instruments so i might go through and see if it makes it any better

Journey On! Journey On!

Not much to say

I thought this was really cool

9000 x2 9000 x2